- The Buddha is Still Teaching: Contemporary Buddhist Wisdom – Selected and Edited by Jack Kornfield – a taste of teachings from various teachers, suitable as a one-a-day book.
- The Wise Heart: A Guide to the Universal Teachings of Buddhist Psychology – Jack Kornfield – a well-rounded presentation of Buddhist psychology.
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha – Tara Brach, Ph.D. – a guide to emotional healing through mindfulness practices.
- Loving What Is – Byron Katie with Stephen Mitchell – not strictly a mindfulness meditation book, but a helpful presentation of how to deal with thoughts.
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself – Kristin Neff, Ph.D. – primary book on self-compassion research and practice.
- Loving-kindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness – Sharon Salzberg – a deeper dive into lovingkindness practice.
- Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time – Rick Hanson, Ph. D. – research-based practices in 52 chapters, suitable for focusing on one a week.
- After the Ecstasy, the Laundry: How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path – Jack Kornfield – Personal tales and traditional stories from various spiritual traditions that teach about maintaining spirituality in the real world.
- The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down – Haemin Sunim – a lovely book with quick reminders of mindfulness wisdom, suitable as a one-a-day book.
- Tara Brach – weekly talks and meditations.
- Being Well – Rick and Forrest Hanson present research-based mindfulness information.
- Ten Percent Happier – Journalist Dan Harris interviews a variety of mindfulness meditation teachers.
- At Home with Byron Katie – Byron Katie takes participants through The Work.
- Insight Timer – great timer, lots of free guided meditations and paid courses, including some taught by Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield.
- Ten Percent Happier – lots of great practices from diverse teachers, good choice for people who are looking for a more secular approach.
- Mindful – has a nice feature that chimes at varied times during the day to remind you to tune-in for a few moments.