What it is (and is not):
- “Coaches help clients connect with the innate knowledge of the life that is best for them, and then support them in creating that life.” – Martha Beck (my teacher!)
- Coaching is completely confidential except in the unlikely event that it is countermanded by law.
- Coaching is not mental health therapy. Coach is to therapist as physical therapist is to doctor. You can work with a coach and a therapist concurrently.
- Coaching is not advice-giving. YOU are the expert on you and your life!
How does it work?
- Each session, you tell me what you’d like to work on—a specific, overarching goal or just something that could be better in your life—and I help you develop a plan to make some movement in this area.
- To do that, I listen and then ask powerful questions to give you clarity on what you really want and what’s getting in the way.
- Along the way, I help you access your inner wisdom through creative thought tools, mindfulness practices, checking in with the body, and other inquiry techniques.
- I assist you in discovering new perspectives and releasing outdated ways of thinking that are causing suffering and hindering joy.
- You leave each session with one or more action steps to make real change in your life.
- I support and encourage you as you bravely do the work of coming home to yourself and finding your way forward with more freedom and ease!
- I coach over Microsoft Teams or on the phone.
How often do we meet?
- This is entirely up to you. Meeting every week or every 2 weeks may be helpful to maintain progress.
How can you make the most of a session?
- Be in a quiet, comfortable place where you can focus and have internet/phone access.
- Bring some writing materials for making notes of insights and action plans.
- 1-hour session – $75
- Package of 4 sessions – $290 (must be used with 6 months of purchase).
- Sliding scale available.
Have more questions?
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a 30-minute free discovery call. I look forward to speaking with you!